About Me

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Smoothie Mixture

Today I wanted to try something a bit different with my smoothie. I am trying to add as much as I can in the way of vegetables so that I can get my intake up. I had gone shopping at Trader Joe's Friday and picked up a few things. I got some organic carrot juice. For me that is saying a lot because I am not really fond of carrots but as I said I wanted to get something else added to my smoothie besides fruit and spinach. I also bought some quinoa that I will try later this week.

Well my smoothie turned out pretty good. My smoothie consisted of the following ingredients:
           6 cubes of spinach (I freeze my spinach in ice cube trays)
           2 tbsp non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
           1/2 cup of Trader Joe's organic carrot juice
           1/4 cup frozen mixed berries (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry)
           1/4 cup frozen tropical fruit (pineapple, papaya, strawberry and mango)
            Normally I would add flax seed but I forgot this time

Blended this all up until smooth. It was pretty tasty. I think I prefer the carrot juice to almond milk. I can only drink almond milk because the taste is very overwhelming in my smoothie. I cannot have with cereal either. I may have to give up cereal all together because of this but one step at a time.

It didn't look very appetizing but I liked how it tasted and I didn't feel so bad by drinking it today. I think I am going to try and put together my own little concoctions and post more about them. I can only try and see if I like them. Besides this is about being healthy and finding what makes my stomach a bit happy in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment